Monday, November 29, 2010

A Lot at Steak!


MICROFICTION MONDAY
http://www.stonyriver.ie/
supplied the picture.

A LOT AT STEAK!

Man in leopard costume warns
 'Take the bull by the horns!
Choose the girl for a bit of action
Or endless steaks for satisfaction!'
*
----------------------------------------------------------------
Words in blue written when I was eleven.
ONCE UPON A TIME
Once upon a time, my friends,
When all the world was new,
I wrote the little verses
Which I now present to you.
*
God of all good things look down
On my garden plot so brown.
Though I have but humble flowers,
Feed them with thy cooling showers.
Though I have but lowly blooms,
Such as daisies and gold brooms,
Shepherds' Purses, Ladies' Smocks,
One day I'll have hollyhocks,
Lilies, pansies, pinks and roses,
Not these humble little posies.
But you love them just as well,
Scented-stock like cowslip bell,
And you'll satisfy their needs
Though men call my flowers weeds.
*






19 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Hey, I think he's got something! What a hoot! And a great take on the pic of the day, Brenda! Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

Peggy said...

Brenda, that's a hard choice for sure. Nice!

Susan Fobes said...

I love your poem! Action or steaks-I wonder...

Kay L. Davies said...

A super take for Microfiction, Brenda, but I love the poem by your own small self. I won't even try to find adjectives for it, I just love it.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Kay L. Davies said...

PS
I think "A Lot at Steak" is a giggle of a title.
-- K

gaelikaa said...

An intriguing story. I want to read more!

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

very nicely written and funny. Will he choose the steak or the girl, hmmm. Nice poetry too.

BECKY said...

Ha! Funny take on the prompt!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love the pun on "steaks" and your poem from younger days is just priceless!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Love both--the micro and the poem. What a thoughtful child you were!

SouthLakesMom said...

The men in my household would go for the steak . . . sigh . . .

hope said...

You know in that outfit, that guy does look like a pimp. :)

Clever!

Diane said...

Both are lovely and wonderful. Obviously you've been doing this for a long time! :O)

kaykuala said...

What a dilemma! Between lots of steak or the girl. Phew! Sure is tough!

izzy said...

Steak, no question!

quilly said...

He's a king. He just might want both! Two good rhymes. And with the second one, I know how you feel. My neighbor thinks my flowers are weeds and my mate will not let me plant poppies because they grow wild all over the island.

ruthi said...

I agree with Quilly. He doesn't have to choose. Nice one.

Ruthilicious

faith said...

Love your take on the prompt!

A weed is only a misplaced plant. Love wildflowers - weeds to some. :)

Granny Sue said...

Oh my. decisions, decisions! Thanks for the giggle.