Monday, April 5, 2010

Study in Study




MONOCHROME WEEKEND
http://monochromeweekendtheme.blogspot.com/

STUDY IN STUDY

I crossed the park beneath the trees;
I saw her sitting at her ease.
.....But no! Her books were spread around
Beside her, open on the ground!
A student had found refuge there
In the blessed open air,
Under the arching blissful shade,
As though in a leafy country glade.
The traffic, faded to a hum,
Was just a pandemonium
That she ignored, as perching birds
Accompanied the foreign words,
Equations, algorithms, Greek,
Or whatever language she sought to speak.
Her study, a place of calm and ease,
There in the park beneath the trees.
*

Graduation here:
http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/05/graduation.html

3 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting me! I'm always happy to meet other retired teachers.

Aayushi Mehta said...

Wonderful write, lovely shot! I wish I had such a tree to study under too!

Dragonstar said...

A nice shot. Peace can often be found in such places.