Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Coolth



Australian Garden in Autumn

MY WORLD
http://showyourworld.blogspot.com

THE COOLTH

I remember Autumn.
I can picture The Fall.
Both are full of
Colour,
Crackle,
Nip,
And a wonderfully happy sadness.
*
Here, in the sub-tropics,
We should use another term.
*
There is colour, of course,
But the summer-tones remain
All year.
*
There is crackle, of course,
But only from the leaves of the few plane trees;
Leaves that are scorched by summer,
Brown,
Dun
And woefully boring.
*
There is nip, of course.
'I think I'll get my jacket out of storage.'
*
There is ......but, no, the sadness is missing.
The heat of Summer has gone
And left us with the unblemished joy
Of a 'perfect English summer's day'
Day after day.
*
Our season is not yours.
It should have another name.
*
I am going to call it 'The Coolth'
*

A mutual pleasure here:
 http://rinklyrimes.blogspot.com/2009/04/dahlia-regalia.html

14 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I like your word for your season! Lovely, colorful photo as well! Have a great week, Brenda!

Sylvia

lakeviewer said...

Great photo. Wonderful word!

Carver said...

The shot of the garden in autumn is so beautiful and great words too.

J Bar said...

The leaves are turning brown but the weather is still summery in Sydney at the moment.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

SandyCarlson said...

Your world is gorgeous. Thanks for this.

Carolyn Ford said...

Such a lovely fall scene...beautiful world.

noel said...

aloha,

thanks for showing us a little bit about your corner of the world today....sounds like a nice term, its always interesting that your fall is our spring

Darlene said...

AS your world cools down ours is heating up.

I think Coolth is a neat word. The photo is beautiful.

LadyFi said...

The coolth must be refreshing after a blazing summer.

sniehans said...

I love your new name for the happy 'Fall' season! :)

Pat said...

That is a lovely Australian garden in the Coolth season.

Jo said...

Hi Brenda;) I first heard this word in Natal in the nineties and our family has used it ever since. Other people don't seem to... But it is a brilliant word for the Autumn in the Southern Hemispher.

Marites said...

first time i heard of that word but it sure fits the photo! it's so pretty!

Ann said...

It's nippy here, I am wearing my boots and a winter jacket.

This weekend, I am going to put away my summer things.

Can you imagine, the thin summer top I bought on the Gold coast, I never got to wear it once in NZ.

Happy ANZAC day.