Sunday, April 25, 2010

Couch Potato


SUNDAY SCRIBBLINGS
http://sundayscribblings.blogspot.com/ 

'DINNER'

COUCH POTATO
(An Acrostic)
Calories proliferate!
Obesity becomes ones fate!
Useless to reject advice!
Certainly you'll pay the price!
Heavy folds of paunchy skin!
*
 Pneumatic overlying thin!
Occasional forays to the larder
To make your diet that much harder!
A
ction-man you're certainly not!
T
o be blunt, you've gone to pot!
'O
ut, out damned flesh!' did someone say?
You'll change your ways ......but not today!
*

11 comments:

Dorinny said...

reminds me of myself at times :P "out damned flesh" hah! love it!

George S Batty said...

ouch..Old Grizz felt that one as he stumbled his way to the fridge for another piece of salmon

Dee Martin said...

I'm groaning as I head for the pantry - I certainly fit this poem :)

Julie Jordan Scott said...

tee hee hee hee..... this made me laugh.

Read my Sunday Scribbling about "Dinner"!

Tammy Brierly said...

Delightful!

Thomma Lyn said...

lol! What a fun poem. :-D And very well-done!

Lucy said...

adorable way to get your point across!

Old Egg said...

You are so right there is always tomorrow.

It is so good to have a laugh!

Lillian Jane said...

I really enjoyed this.
I love how poetry can be fun :) This was definitely a fun one!

Inay said...

so true...so true....
i am thin to the bone..
that is what my mind is saying...
sexy and hotty...
in my dreams my daughter said...

hahahahahaha...

leg up high...and soar to the sky...
God bless you

JP/deb said...

clever & true!!