Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Written to Annoy You!


WE WRITE POEMS

WRITTEN TO ANNOY YOU!

I'm one of those annoying people who wakes up feeling bright!
I'm quite refreshed, nearly always, after a restful night.
I don't look like this lady I hasten to admit,
But I do reflect her attitude more than a little bit.
As the sun peeps into the bedroom I yawn and stretch and say,
' I feel ready for anything Life can throw at me today!'
*
But my come-uppance comes in the evening, when I literally droop;
When all my morning energy has simply flown the coop!
I'm a terrible party-pooper! I keep on thinking of bed!
'Dance all night'? I think not! I want to sleep all night instead!
I'd like to tell you more about the hours that I keep,
But I just haven't got the energy.
It's definitely time for sleep!
*

-------------------------------------------------------------

  
THE INNER WORLD.

Enter the World of Literature, the Theatre of the Mind.
Stand entranced at the miracles that you will surely find.
All that you ask of life is there, all that your spirit needs.
Piety, bravery, wit are there for anyone who reads.
Fantasies rich as tapestries hang for your feasting eyes,
Facts that may seem fantastical, truths from the sage and wise.
The Vision Splendid beckons, you need no further look.
Enter the World of Literature.
Simply pick up a Book.
*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two brilliant poems Brenda!

Mary said...

Actually I empathize. I am a morning person too, but often I am not awake for the 10:00 p.m. news!

Anonymous said...

Two for the price of one. I love them both. I envy you the morning brightness, but I droop at both ends and middle ! I'm right with you on the second poem - something | can enjoy even when I'm drooping!

Elizabeth said...

You don't ever annoy me, even with this one. I admire people who can spring (that was so long ago) out of bed fully engaged. I come awake in soft slow layers.

I like the second poem as well. Love the image. My sister gave me a print of it many many years ago. It's always been a favorite.

Elizabeth

Peggy said...

I like both of these Brenda. Lucky you to be bright in the mornings! I am usually not awake enough be be annoyed though, so go ahead and bright away! And oh yes I do love reading and books as well.

Kat said...

WRITTEN TO ANNOY YOU: It didn't annoy. Sounded like a lullaby.


THE INNER WORLD: True, a different world unfolds in a book ( as in your poems..!!)