Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Choices! Choices!



Try this one Katie! You're wasting time!
You've got one like that already!
This one will look much better
When you're out tonight with Freddy!
*
I liked that blue one over there!
The one with the little dangles.
I think that would look quite nice!
I could wear it with my blue bangles!
*
But you want to wear that dress you bought!
And that won't go with blue!
Remember! It's got red flowers on it!
You haven't got a clue!
*
I may not wear that dress at all!
It makes me look all bust!
Freddy likes my old black dress;
I'll wear that if I must.
*
Black! You'll look just awful!
He wont ask you out again!
And what if you spill your latte!
It will make an awful stain!
*
Maybe I'll wear the red and white.
But not with red beads too!
Lets go and look at the silver!
Silver! Yes that might do!
*
Do you want to look like your Granny!
There are gold ones over there!
Francine tells me that this year
That's the colour to wear!
*
I've been thinking about the dress.....
I might buy something new!
Yes, red earrings will look just right!
And I'll buy the blue ones too..............
*

----------------------------------------------------------------------



PROTECT ME!

Two burly men in red and yellow;
Each one, I'm sure, a handsome fellow,
Though they are turned away from me,
Gazing out at the surf and sea.
I'll never need their ministrations!
I'm averse to tricky situations.
Why risk rip-tides; why risk sharks?
It's safer in the shops and parks!
But, if they glanced in my direction,
I'd probably ask for their protection!
*

8 comments:

Bitch said...

Hi, I liked both conversations!
Enjoyed it very much..
Greetings far from Greece,
Monika

reg said...

I loved the poetry and the second pic is outsatanding

Liz said...

Great capture. I love the first poem. It reminded me of someone. :)

Happy Ruby Tuesday.

My entries:
Moms... Check Nyo
Yummy-as-can-be

Kathe W. said...

both of your poems are delightful!
I think the dithering about what to wear is hysterical- I have heard conversations like this in the stores...but I'd rather chat up the lifeguards!

Felisol said...

I've never visited your rime blog before.
What a wonderful surprise.
I love the clever way you are putting good pictures and verses together.
Indeed gifted and original.

Anonymous said...

great poetry! you really do have a gift. keep it up:)

Yoshi said...

Thanks for commenting on my RT entry.
Haha, I am not sure how nonfiction it is but I enjoyed the story very much!
Have a wonderful day.
Yoshi

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I love the pics & poems !
Blessings,
~Myrna