Friday, January 7, 2011

Enigma


SHADOW SHOT SUNDAY
http://heyharriet.blogspot.com/

ENIGMA

What lies behind
The half-drawn blind,
Making shades of dark and light?
I only know
The gentle glow
Seems, artistically, just right.
*

----------------------------------------------------------------


FOLLOW THE LEADER


Two years ago I took this shot;
Already life's changed quite a lot!
*
See my grandsons stepping out.
One's the leader without a doubt.
Harry, so very sure and steady;
Max a toddler, a mite unready.
The future seems to lie ahead
With Max to follow Harry's tread.
But will things change as years go on
And these lovely 'baby' days have gone?
When they're grown-up will they find
That Harry's the one who walks behind?
Oh to be around and see
How the future years will be!
*
-----------------------------------------------
PS
Rebecca and I went to see this film the other day. I thought it was superb! Rebecca couldn't understand why I shed a tear or two, because it wasn't a sad film (except for glimpses of the King's turmoil) and it was very, very funny in places. But I was transported back to my early days when hearing the King's hesitant (but rather endearing) speeches was part of my life. I think it's in line for an Oscar, but then, I'm often wrong about such things.
*

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Great shadow shot for the day and matching words, perfect as always! Hope your weekend is going well, Brenda!

Sylvia

Kay L. Davies said...

I heard there's an Oscar nomination somewhere in that film, Brenda. I don't remember hearing the King's speeches, but I do remember seeing our Queen when she was still a princess.
Love your photo of the two little boys. They always grow up so fast. I hope you'll be around to watch them for some years yet! I have a 3-year-old grandniece, and a grandnephew 6 months younger, and I want to see them grow up.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Hey Harriet said...

Wonderful shadow shot! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the film. I'm looking forward to seeing it next week :)

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, that movie hasn't hit our theaters yet, and I so want to see it. I thank you for your review and critique.

And your room shadow is so elegant and simple in lines, I love that one.


Mine this week is a heron casting its shadow near the marina.

Here's the direct link

http://hootin--anni.blogspot.com/2011/01/shadow-of-heror-his-smile.html

Have a great Sunday.

Laura said...

lovely shadows and verse!...I've heard good things about this film as well, I'm looking forward to seeing it one of these days:)

Kathe W. said...

great shots!

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

Cool ShadowShots. Thanks for the mini-movie review. I have heard from others that it is a swell movie!
Cassie
inamazinggraceland.blogspot.com

Beverley Baird said...

I don't think you are wrong about the oscar from what I've seen and heard and read. I have yet to see the movie (but it isn't playing close to us!)but I so want to.
Great shadows for the week - great poems as well.