Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Waterside Wonder


WATERY WEDNESDAY
WATERSIDE WONDER

Goodness knows what this is! Or why I find it pleasing!
Was the artist serious or was he only teasing?
It was one of the exhibits at 'Sculpture by the Sea',
A pretty nice example of non-conformity!
I love the feeling of movement! 'Exuberance' is the word.
Although I think its only aim is to be a bit absurd.
But what in the world could be better, on a lovely summers day,
Than to stroll along the beach enjoying exuberance all the way?
*
----------------------------------------------------------



PEACHY PERFECTION?


This peach rose will know no wilting
Since it comes from the art of quilting.
So no predator will settle 
On each plump and perfect petal.
This flower will never fade to brown
And, to the sad earth, tremble down.
This bloom will never know a thorn
Or stand resplendent by a lawn.
And, even when she has to fade,
She'll change to another pale peach shade.
So is there cause for discontent?
Yes! This is a rose without a scent!
*

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is simple and surreal all at the same time. I like it from the photo but I'm not sure how I would feel standing around it. I wonder if anyone knows where this is located.

Good find.

Jim said...

It was my favourite at SbtS that year.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Shirley said...

The first thing I thought of when I saw this sculpture was an anchor, but in contemporary fashion. It certainly is unique!

gengen said...

Great post. Happy WW!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

WATER SEEKERS

See the water seekers go
Up and down and to and fro,
Looking for a drop or two
Of wet stuff to share with you!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher


Guadalajara Fountain