Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mouthful



MAD KANE
http://www.madkane.com/humor_blog/
suggested the first line.

MOUTHFUL

A gal with a very long name
Said 'Well, it's certain that I'm not to blame!
When they called me Katrina
Maria Edwina
My darned parents put me to shame!'
*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------


In Memory of Gerald Gee

IMPRINT

It had been there all along....
That memory.
A memory no photograph could ever
Recapture.
A memory decades-old,
Of a different world,
A different age,
A different climate.
Above all,
A different me.
I have not seen snow
For fifty years.
Remembrances of snow
Have faded.
I had forgotten
The reversal.
Earth is dark,
Sky is light,
Usually.
But when the snow comes,
And with it the threat of more snow,
'Snow on snow',
Earth becomes light,
Sky becomes dark.
I had forgotten......
Until Gerald reminded me.
*

2 comments:

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Interesting post.

Darryl and Ruth : )

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

Fun limerick. Thanks so much for participating in my latest Limerick-Off!