Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ah Sweet Mystery!


SNAPPY REPARTEE
will be vey disappointed with me this week!

AH SWEET MYSTERY!

Some will look at this picture and understand it all.
Some others will hazard an intelligent guess and simply have a ball.
But when I look at this picture my mind goes completely blank.
Do you think it's my poor old family genes I have to thank?
To me it's a thing that's fashioned to go inside a thing,
But what does it do when it gets in there? How long is a piece of string?
Do the two little drops mean something? Has it been raining or what?
Or are the drops an acid that's about to hit the spot?
I'm supposed to get a message from the illustration here;
I'm supposed to fashion a story and grin from ear to ear!
But all my creative juices have dried-up at the source!
I know! It's a cranjethermium! That's what it is! Of course!
*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

AHEAD OF HER TIME!

'I had a dream last night' she said;
'There was something called TV,
And millions and millions of people
Were watching little me!
I was showing them how to make a soup
From cabbage leaves and such.
And people copied my recipe
And liked it very much.
I even published books about
My ...... something called....... cuisine!
And I was paid for advertisements;
Whatever that might mean!
I became a millionaire!
Yes! Just like Royalty!
Just because I was good at cooking soup
Everyone worshipped me!
My picture, moving, was seen by all
On a sort of mirror thing
And all over the big wide world
I was treated like a King!
What do you think of that!' she cried!
*
Her companions said, subdued,
'Don't waste time on fairy-tales!
Hurry up with the food!'
*

1 comment:

jabblog said...

'cranjethermium' - priceless!

Who knows what we might dream impossible now that will be realised in 10, 50, 100 years' time?