Saturday, April 9, 2011

Forgetfulness


ONE STOP POETRY
http://onestoppoetry.com/
supplied the illustration
FORGETFULNESS

It's a sure sign of the passing years......the loss of memory!
Those Easter Eggs! Those Easter Eggs! Wherever can they be?
My grandsons are demanding that I find them straight away!
I hid them oh so carefully awaiting Easter Day!
Did I put them in the kitchen, up on the highest shelf?
Did I succumb to temptation and eat the lot myself?
All right, Marvin! I'm thinking! Don't be such a brat!
Be a little patient! You're already far too fat!
Yes, Eric! I know I promised. But that was months ago!
No! I'm not sitting on them! I wouldn't stoop so low!
It's no good sulking, Henry, and slouching on the ground!
Go up into the bedroom and take a look around!
Discipline! That's what's needed! Make sure you tell your Mum
That I'm tired of being badgered every time you come!
But those Easter Eggs! Those Easter Eggs! Wherever can they be?
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! I'm heading for senility!
*

-----------------------------------------------------------



WAY OUT.

The afternoon sun lowered itself onto the tiles.
In the road a car-door slammed.
It was time to go home.
*

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. i completely love your take on the image and just focusing on the man and what he may be thinking...humorous, but also a bit scary as dementia scares the devil out of me...

NatureFootstep said...

the way out looks good. :)

Birgitta said...

Great shot!