Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Last Straw



THE LAST STRAW

Dan, a burly working-man, walked into a bar one day
And he saw a very doleful chap sitting across the way.
Dan downed the usual jar or two and was utterly mesmerised
By the dreary fellow opposite, who seemed almost hypnotised!
Two hours went past and still the man sat gazing at his beer,
He didn't drink a single drop! He even shed a tear!
Dan became so frustrated! Time continued to pass!
Finally, already a little drunk, he grabbed the sad man's glass.
In one great gulp he drank the beer saying 'That's the way to drink!
When someone acts the way you do I don't know what to think!'
In tones of gloomy misery the man began to speak......
' It may be life is kind to you but I've had an awful week.
On Monday my boss gave me the sack, on Tuesday my old dog died,
On Wednesday my car was stolen; I had to hitch a ride.
On Thursday Mary left me; ran off with Bert next-door.
On Friday I lost my credit card! I just couldn't take any more.
So I decided to end it all, right here, on Saturday night!
Now you've gone and drunk my  poison!
I couldn't even get that right!'
*
------------------------------------------------------------


ROSY COSY!
How could it not catch my eye
In the Market as I passed by.
Out the front there by a stall
Offering comfort to us all?
Not a cheap and cheery plastic
But something so much more fantastic.
Even a cushion to rest my head!
And all such a very gorgeous RED!

*

2 comments:

jabblog said...

How can failed suicide be funny? But it is - thanks for the giggle!

Deborah said...

Wonderful! :o)