Thursday, November 1, 2012

Xanthodont!



XANTHODONT!

A hideous spectacle indeed!
This creature's seriously in need
Of visiting the right practitioner,
The nearest local tooth conditioner!
He's a xanthodont for sure.
His tooth condition's very poor.
One must feel for the poor fellow
Because his teeth are oh so yellow!
If, after eating, you just rush
And thus forget to use the brush,
This is how you will appear
Probably by June next year!
So, no matter what your haste,
Always use your brush and paste.
Something that you do not want
Is to be known as a xanthodont.
*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------



A THROW OF THE DICE

The power of Chance! One of its tricks!!
One, two, three, four, five and six!
Just the result of a simple throw;
The thrower wasn't in the know.
He wasn't God; he didn't ordain
That dice, in the air and landing again,
Should present this orderly design,
With all the numbers neatly in line.
He threw! They landed! That was all.
He wasn't making some mystic call.
And so it is with the Universe;
It is as it is, for better or worse.
Why dream of a Brain, akin to ours,
Having such omnipresent powers,
When Chance is in the driver's seat
Achieving this, seemingly, orderly feat?
We're all the result of a random throw.
Sorry! Just thought you'd like to know.

*
------------------------------------------------------
PS
Back on the melodrama trail . We performed for a church group today. I made a couple of boo-boos, such as leaving out a song, but the audience had a great time and we were rewarded with a light lunch of sandwiches, home-made cake and fresh fruit. (I said we were always eating, didn't I!)

Unfortunately the audience member taking photos for me only snapped the audience cast and then one of them said he didn't want to be seen on the internet so I've had to chop him off the chorus line! In so doing I've chopped-off Joy as well. However, I've left-on a very unflattering shot of me looking perplexed!

And here's a line-up including Joy T.



4 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

You are so clever with words. I just love this funny little poem on Xanthodont. Thanks for sharing your xtraordinarily fun Alphabe-Thursday post with the classroom today!

storybeader said...

great x word! Sweet poem! I have to hop into the bathroom, since breaking my ankle bones. No fun, but don't want teeth like that! {:-Deb

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

As a dental hygienist, I totally appreciate your first poem :o) Hm...that may need to go up in my dental office room for my patients to see :o)

Sounds like your performance (and the lunch provided) were successes!

Blessings & Aloha!
I am visiting our daughter, son in law and little grand baby, so only now catching up a bit with blog visits from last week!

Jenny said...

I adore your writing!

And those pictures totally cracked me up!

And I can't believe you found that incredible X word!

And...

And...

You are just Xcellent in so many ways!

A++++