Saturday, November 10, 2012

Brilliance




Written for Chèvrefeuille's haiku-blog



BRILLIANCE
(A Haiku)

A curve of beauty
Multicoloured perfection
A gift after rain.

(An Acrostic)

Refreshing after pouring rain
And energising us again
It's bow swoops smoothly overhead
Nature in blue and green and red.
Bright and benevolent see it fly
Over the dark and still stormy sky.
What if rainbows had never been?
I'm sure we'd miss them from the scene.
*
-------------------------------



UN-HAUNTED!

Oh woe is me! I am deprived!
In all the years that I've survived
I've never once seen wraith or ghost
Nothing spooky of which to boast.
My antennae must be poor
Or I'm not what ghosts are looking for!
The supernatural has passed me by;
It hasn't even played I-spy!
In many a vast and 'haunted' house,
I've stood as quiet as a mouse,
Waiting for something to assail me;
But the Netherworld decides to fail me.
I've gazed intently at the stairs,
So that I'm not caught unawares;
Half hoping to see a spook descending,
Into the misty darkness blending;
Half-hoping to feel something colder......
An icy tap upon my shoulder;
Half-hoping to feel a clammy finger
Touch my cheek and decide to linger.
Half-hoping to hear the voice of doom
Echoing around the room.
But no! They're quite explicit.....
Ghosts don't want to pay me a visit.
When I'm a ghost myself no doubt
I'll find out what it's all about!
*

2 comments:

Chèvrefeuille said...

Nice haiku Rinkly Rimes ... love the way you have used the prompt rainbow. Lovely picture too.

joanne said...

rainbows delight absolutely everyone! you can hear "Come look, come look" from one and all....So sorry no spirits have come forward to meet you....maybe next halloween..