Friday, November 16, 2012

Zest!



Orange zest

Human zest

ZEST!

Which came first? The chicken or the egg?
Please don't send a reply, I beg!
But which came first regarding zest?
And which is the meaning you like best?
In cooking we make great use of it;
It adds the final zingy bit!
But we also like to say
'I feel full of zest today!'
*
Did someone grate some orange peel
For a particularly tasty meal
And smell the tang and then, impressed,
Say 'I' am going to call that 'zest';
I'll use the word which usually means
Full of life and 'full of beans'!'
Or did someone leap about and cry
'I'm so energetic I could fly!
I'll use the word that's used for fruit!
Zest! I think that's rather cute!'
*
I'm so intrigued that I could burst!
Which, dear Reader, was invented first?
*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


TOM AND JERRY!
(An Acrostic)

Tom-cat, with the bristling whiskers,
Off to catch some mousy friskers,
Maybe you should think awhile.......
*
Are mice worth going that extra mile?
Nearly isn't good enough!
Dinner may prove rather tough!
*
Jerry Mouse is quick and cute!
Eat a dinner of juicy fruit!
Reject all thoughts of mouse-tail soup!
Remember! He'll make you loop the loop!
You'll find the effort not too nice!
Better keep way from mice!
*

10 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh Brenda I did Z for Zest some time ago and know the excitement I felt as I posted!

Thanks so much! I really love your poetry.
Denise
ABC team

Darlene said...

Two cute poems for today. I still don't know how you do it, Brenda. Your prolific ability is awesome.

SandyCarlson said...

I love your thoughts and images on zest. I think a zest for life drives everything. And I love the way you show yours.

Unknown said...

sweet photos and poems, thanks for giving my brain cells something to ponder today.

carol l mckenna said...

Great photos and fun post ~ ( A Creative Harbor) ^_^

debra said...

Loving this Z post...you are one creative lady! : )

EG CameraGirl said...

Zest is a great z-word. Hmmm. Which did come first?

sandra tyler said...

oh, fun! I'm amazed by writers who can just come up with these rhymes that seem so effortless. Made me smile.

Lmkazmierczak said...

Ordinary Words....GRATE post♫♪

Jenny said...

Zis was quite a zesty post!

Zat first poem made me smile very much!

Thank you for linking.

A+

Happy Post-Thanksgiving Monday to you!