Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Jacaranda Time

Circular Quay. Sydney

FOR OUR WORLD TUESDAY

JACARANDA TIME

A casual shot of a visiting ship...
I had no thought of trees.....
But  here was the jacaranda,
Resplendent as you please.
Everywhere at this time of year
The jacaranda poses
Showing off because it's spring
And it's vying with the roses.
*
----------------------------------------------------

                                           Gerald Gee

GLIMMER ON GLASS

Painted on glass, which makes reflections,
This scene shimmers in all directions.
The way the water is reflective
Makes this painting so effective.
Sadly, Gerald Gee has died.
His family views his work with pride.
As for me I'll always treasure
His paintings. They gave me such pleasure.
Here's another of Gerald Gee's
Lovely visual symphonies!
The sky is wild, the water still;
It isn't raining but we know it will
Soon be drenching from that black sky
Which hovers, threatening, up on high.
The calm before the storm! That sun
Will disappear till the storm is done.
But, for a moment, it flickers, white,
Before the dark snuffs out its light.
As for people.... the lamps are lit;
Round dinner tables they meet and sit.
Knowing that soon they will hear a 'Crack!'
And all the world will be wet and black.
Painted on glass, which makes reflections,
This scene shimmers in all directions.
*

2 comments:

Fun60 said...

I was lucky enough to see the jacaranda for the first time on my recent travels. It left me spellbound.

Susie of Arabia said...

The first jacarandas I ever saw were in Australia - and I fell in love with them. When we moved to Florida, I was pleasantly surprised to see them there too. Alas - there are none in Saudi Arabia!