Sunday, July 1, 2012

One of the Rest


POETIC BLOOMINGS
asks us to consider 'rest'

ONE OF THE REST

There are some who hit the high spots,
Have adventures, pass each test;
There are some who are successful........
As for me, I'm with the rest.

There are some who are athletic,
Jumping hurdles with the best,
Winning lots of shining trophies........
As for me, I'm with the rest.

There are some who earn big money,
Keep it in a treasure-chest,
Eat out at the best of restaurants......
As for me, I'm with the rest.

There are some who wear high fashion,
Always look superbly dressed,
Look as though they're from the cat-walk......
As for me, I'm with the rest.

There are some who make me jealous,
Make me miserable and depressed.
Lordy, lordy, how I hate them!
Even as I am impressed.
*
---------------------------------------------------------

THROUGH THE FLY-SCREEN

A painterly view seems to add to the scene,
When it's daubed by the mesh of the window screen.
And the weight of the jumps on the trampoline
Are caught in time and clearly seen.
Shadows make grey of the grass's green.
(Banjo, however, is not too keen.)

*

1 comment:

Margaret Gosden said...

You are too modest! I do not get that impression at all...