Thursday, July 5, 2012

Forgiveness


POETRY JAM
chose the topic

FORGIVENESS
(An Acrostic)

Forget that silly little spat;
Ordinary things like that
Really aren't worth thinking about!
Gentle souls don't sulk or pout.
It won't matter in the end.
Value that so-precious friend.
Even if you're in the right
Nothing's worth a nasty fight.
Eat humble pie! Live and let live
Some things are precious
So forgive.
*
-------------------------------------------
The Book Cover

Will the following blurb encourage you to buy the book?

WAXEN!
by Arnold Mackenburger.
(The Sequel to his much-loved novel 'The Works!')

The headless waxwork figure lay on the ground.
The head had rolled to one side.
But the eyes! The eyes!
Chantelle had been known as 'The Brown-Eyed Bombshell'!
Who had smashed the figure?
Who had altered the colour of the eyes?
Who had hated Chantelle so much?
Visit the seedy world of behind-the-scenes!
Will you discover the criminal before he discovers YOU?
*
The Wax-Workers' HeraldI thought I knew wax but this novel gave greater insight!
*

10 comments:

Mary said...

I want to shout from the housetops: Yes, yes, yes to your words. So many things are really not worth getting annoyed about. If someone does something you don't like, so what??? Let it go. Life is too short to sweat the very small stuff. This poem should be put on many people's bathroom mirrors!!

Anonymous said...

There is certainly a lot to know about this subject.
I like all the points you have made.
Take a look at my homepage - Law Firm in Dubai

The Unknowngnome said...

Good work. I don't usually like acrostics, maybe because I can't write them, but this one as Mary says should be posted. :)

kolembo said...

Eat humble pie!
I wish!
I'm right, I'm always right, if you'd just listen!

Great poem to have read in the middle of the day.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

A great message, written so well.

Helen said...

Well I love the challenge of an acrostic! Yours is great ~ words to live by!

Mary B. Mansfield said...

A valuable lesson in this poem, I'll be sharing this one with my daughter.

The book blurb sounds quite interesting, like something I would absolutely read!

Brian Miller said...

that pie is often hard to swallow....and some of us choke on it surely....when it comes to forgiveness...

Peggy said...

I like this very much--love its spirit. The acrostic form works well here.

Margaret said...

Wanting to hurt another is a powerful feeling.... but in my estimation, humble pie (even if it is thrown back in our face!) is the way to go.