Friday, July 13, 2012

Bliss


THINK TANK THURSDAY
chose the topic

BLISS

What is 'bliss'? It is excitement carried to the nth degree.
Nerves that tingle send a message to ears that hear and eyes that see.
The brain is in a cloud of wonder, the heart is completely overcome,
We're shouting out but we are silent, singing even while struck dumb.
Happiness is something lighter, something that can last a day;
Bliss envelopes but is transient, transforms us as it fades away.
*
All of which is quite poetic but the word, when used by me,
Often refers to that first sip of a delectable cup of tea!
'Bliss!' I say as my hands are warming round the very welcome cup.
But bliss is forgotten when, much later, I have to do the washing-up!
*
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



HOLLYHOCKS
(An Acrostic)

Hedgerows alive with spikes of blossom,
Oh, what a summertime parade!
Long stems of colour climbing up to the sky,
Lining the lanes with a cavalcade.
Yearnings for England rise and envelope me.
Happy the memories I recall.
Over the hedges, see the hollyhocks,
Curtseying there by the garden wall.
Kent, with it's lovely garden atmosphere,
Sussex and Surrey, all aglow,
With hollyhocks, hollyhocks, always beckoning;
Surely the loveliest garden show.
*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoyed the lines shouting out as we are silent and transforms us as it fades away :-)

Sarav said...

Loved your ending, transitory from the joy of the tea to the washing up! Nicely done. And bliss is those simple things :-)

Karen said...

Oh I feel the same way when I indulge in my favourite tea!

Ella said...

I love your view on bliss~ I too, love tea~ Wonderful offering..loved it! :D