Saturday, July 7, 2012

Lord of the Manor



VICE VERSA
asks us to use these words
proud/humble abundance/lack

LORD OF THE MANOR

Take note of the nobleman's attitude
And the peasants' grovelling gratitude!
Such were the ignominious ways
Of the gentry in historical days.
The serfs were humble, the Lord was proud,
He scattered goodies to the crowd.
It eased his mind when he gave them alms;
After all they worked on all his farms!
The thought of heavenly reward and gain
Filled his heart and filled his brain.
'Giving' was just a neat device
To get oneself into Paradise!
The lack of empathy is clear to see.
Who had ever heard of equality?
Abundance belonged to the blue of blood;
The others wallowed in the mud.
*
----------------------------------------------------------------------

AMBITION

I am destined to rule the earth;
Evolution knows my worth.
I've cousins even more fierce than I,
With sharper claw and beadier eye.
We'll grow and grow and proliferate!
World domination is our fate!
Oops! I'm feeling a little strange.
Did someone mention Climate Change?
*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone, it's my first go to see at this site, and paragraph is truly fruitful designed for me, keep up posting such posts.
Here is my homepage ; make my site