Monday, August 9, 2010

Fright Night




FRIGHT NIGHT

Blue is a calming colour, as everybody knows.
It's effect is always gentle and serene.
Yet here we see the colour in quite a different guise!
Have you ever seen a more blood-chilling scene?
Clouds, the moon, a deep blue sky;
What could be more benign?
But the hideous face within the clouds
Detracts from the moon's clear shine.
And the clouds themselves are sinuous;
More like hands that clutch and claw!
A true depiction of nightmare;
The 'best' I ever saw.
I have no desire to read the book;
It's not my sort of read.
But I admire the artist's skill
Very much indeed.
*

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TARDY?

I'm never never tardy.
I'm always right on time.
I've got a date!
I can't be late!
So this is a very short rhyme!
*

3 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I agree with you; I wouldn't choose to read this book either!

Happy Blue Monday, Brenda.

LV said...

That is definitely not my kind of reading. That picture would turn you off. Very scary looking, but made a nice showing for blue day.

Rebecca said...

Wicked picture-kinda scary!!! Happy Blue Monday-it's my first time!