Friday, September 17, 2010

Crying Shame!


LIMERICK
http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/
Using the words in blue.

CRYING SHAME!

A woman who readily cried
Was unable to act as a bride.
She cried the night through
With a loud 'Boo Hoo Hoo!'
Which the new husband couldn't abide!
*

----------------------------------------------------------------




GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN


'My World' but such a different one
From the one I enjoy today.

A world that has gone forever,

'The Past' in every way.

In this church I was christened,

It is here my father preached;

And only stone's throw over the hill

The 'Dunkirk' boats were beached.

For this was Wartime Britain

And soon came evacuation

Which changed my life for evermore

Beyond all imagination.

When last in Britain I visited

Old haunts, to pay respect,

But 'Holy Trinity' was no more!

Well, what did I expect?

Demolished for high-rises,

That was its destiny,

But at least one person remembers.

It's still part of 'my world' for me.
*

No comments: