Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mystery Object


MYSTERY OBJECT

I found them lying, cast aside, behind a market stall;
Pieces of wood with holes in them! They made no sense at all!
They made me think of old stale cheese, though I realised I was wrong!
Bu what could be the use of them? Where could they belong?
I puzzled for a moment over my bits of wood
But, in the end, I shrugged and said 'Well, the shadow's pretty good!
*
-------------------------------------------------------------




DOWN MEMORY LANE!

A poor old dear sat sobbing on a park bench in the sun;
It was plain to see she'd had her day; in fact, her race was run.
At last a friendly gentleman sat down there, by her side,
And gently asked her why it was she sat there and she cried.
'Can I do something for you? You're clearly quite distressed;
There might be little I can do but I can try my best'.
'I'm the luckiest of women'' she wiped her eyes and sighed;
'You see, it's only recently that I became a bride......
He started as a toy-boy (well, I've reached that time of life)
But, recently, we've married, and I'm now his loving wife.
As you can see, I'm elderly, and hardly in my prime,
While he is only thirty-five, but we have a lovely time.
After a night of passion he brings breakfast up to bed,
He's a qualified chef, you see, so I'm wonderfully fed!
But he's got a lot of money so we dine out every night
And I wear the pearls he's bought me. They're very big and bright.
He's handsome, virile, six foot three and he's got a lovely smile!'
Once more the lady bowed her head, sobbing all the while.
'Oh!' cried the weeping lady, 'Oh what I wouldn't give
To be able to cast my mind back
And remember where I live!'
*

9 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Love the shadows but I don't know what that is, Brenda. If you find out let me know... :)

Margaret Gosden said...

It is a wonderful shadow, never mind what it is!

Kay L. Davies said...

Your mystery pieces of wood are wonderful, Brenda. Yes, gorgeous shadows.

Did you take the boards home? I would have been tempted to try to make a bookcase out of them.

Got a giggle out of the old lady and her toy boy!!

Kay
Alberta, Canada

EG CameraGirl said...

Yes, no matter what those wooden thingies are they make wonderful shadows. :)

Unknown said...

Whatever they are they make great shadows. And thanks for the tale of the little old lady, had a good giggle.

Hey Harriet said...

Mmmm...smelly stale cheese shadows! A fun find. Both shadow and those unusual pieces of wood!

Spadoman said...

I love the poems a lot! Not sure what that plywood form was for, looks like the piece where something gets mounted into the holes, then covered with some kind of material. Like a speaker cabinet or something. I don't recognize the shapes. Great shadows though!

Peace.

Laura said...

fun shadows indeed!

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Love your fun shadow photo and words and I your old lady poem is fantastic ...I would be crying too!mickert