Sunday, March 21, 2010

Memetics Two


MEMETICS TWO!

Although free time has flown the coop,
I want to stay within the loop.
Birthday parties, trips and shows
Will still be keeping me on my toes,
And yet I cannot bear to miss
My little dose of daily bliss.
Soon, when all the madness ceases
And I pick up the bits and pieces
I'll revert to my daily scheme,
Responding to each up-and-coming meme.
Until then, this form must suffice.
At least you're getting it half-price!
*
MAXINE ON SATURDAY
http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com/
When Maxine was a bouncing baby
Did she snap at people then? Well, maybe!
*
BLUE MONDAY 
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/
Abseiling down a Castle wall
Where I used to live once. Please don't fall!
*
MELLOW YELLOW
http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/
 Our Surf Club banner and it's yellow.
A Life Saver's a plucky fellow.
MOTION
http://motionthursday.wordpress.com/
Little Surfers getting fit.
The water's just a part of it.
*

COLOR CARNIVAL
http://colorcarnivalmeme.blogspot.com/
Flowers massed in a local shop.
Admiration made me stop.
*
WATERY WEDNESDAY
http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/
Exercising by the sea.
Something seen here frequently.
*
SKYWATCH
http://skyley.blogspot.com/
Sydney's icons pale and cower.
It seems there's going to be a shower!
*
TRIVIA
http://i-refuse-to-recede.blogspot.com/
Decorated didgeridoos.
Pleasant to see, but hard to use!
*
REFLECTION
Reflections in a restaurant ceiling.
I think the curves are quite appealing.
MY WORLD
http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/
SCENIC SUNDAY
http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/
King Edward Park on a sunny day.
Great for wiling one's time away.
RUBY TUESDAY 
http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/
A ruby lantern lends a glow
To the street where all the shoppers go.
*
SHADOW SHOT
http://heyharriet.blogspot.com/
Pleasant shade from the summer heat
And it is just across the street.
*
This has a Readers Digest feel!
Just a snack instead of a meal!
Was it one of my more ridiculous schemes? 
At least it's kept me in the Land of Memes!
*

37 comments:

Margaret Gosden said...

You have a very wide center between houses - rather like what we see here in some towns like Long Beach.
The shade of the trees very decorative. Nice shot!

Maude Lynn said...

What a clever post!

A Wild Thing said...

Were do you find all the time for all the memes...I struggle with one...ha! Good job!

wanderlust said...

Love the poem!

Rosebud Collection said...

Great pictures and poem..
Happy SSS.

Miss. Clippy said...

I love your rhymes! It's always fun reading your posts :) Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words you left!

Happy Blue Monday! My Blue Monday's here!

Rach

Liz @ MLC said...

Great post. The pictures are wonderful and I love the poem.

Happy MYM!

Mine's here.

gengen said...

wow you have a great pot and the pictures are great....Happy blue Monday....

bj said...

This, indeed, is a very cleaver post...and you DO have a wonderful way with words.
xo bj

Glo said...

You have very creatively woven all your memes together here! A talent I envy for sure! I like the "super hero" abseiling down the castle wall!

Happy Blue Monday

SmilingSally said...

It looks as if you've covered everything. Happy Blue Monday.

Kim, USA said...

Wow you got it all so nicely. Great photos too. Happy Monday!

MYM=Bird or chicken?
Macro Monday~ The bud

Pie said...

Love your post and the pictures! Happy Blue Monday.

Mine is here.

Self Sagacity said...

Many of my favorite memes~ I like the collection. :-)

Sylvia K said...

I like your collection and always love your words! Have a great week, Brenda!

Sylvia

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Great Blue Monday Pic !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Cute idea for a busy week! Like the poem. And good pictures all at once. Some of those memes I didn't even know about.

Jama said...

Good idea to have all photos for the memes in one post! love all your pictures.

Sistertex said...

I love the 'all encompassing' posts that you do. Beautiful photos to match all of the lovely words. Thanks so much for sharing!

Gemma Wiseman said...

A very interesting collection of photos! Not often there are photos of the famous coat hanger with grey skies, so this is uniquely different! But I espexcially love the touch of the ruby lantern in the tree above the street!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello Brenda...

My friend, I just adore reading your delightful posts!!! It doesn't matter how old we get...we all still enjoy a good rhyme!!! And...you are sooo good at it!

I loved Maxine...it's so funny to think of her as a baby...child...etc! Hehe! It's also hard to think of Maxine any other way...I'm just sure she was just as contankerous as a child! Hehe!

Well my dear, have a fabulous day!
Chari @Happy To Design

Cathy said...

Good on ya RR
This is a very ingenious way to get all your weekly meme posts in if you're busy. Must admit I've never heard of some of them
I wonder if that fella by the sea ever does himself a harm by exercising in that way. I'm sure there are more safer ways to tone up the abs
And Maxine as a babe - have pity on her mother if she was as outright then as she is now lol

Hilda said...

What a fun collection of photos for so many memes!

Troy said...

Brenda,
Thanks for including me in your list of parties to attend this week. I do so enjoy reading your poosts. I caught your comment and moved your link onto the current MckLinky as soon as I had it posted, I hope that's ok.

Thanks again for linking and for all the smiles you bring each week.

Troy

gengen said...

Wow many meme's but i came for the watery Wednesday. See you.

DeniseinVA said...

A fun post, enjoyed both photos and prose.

SandyCarlson said...

That was a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

adorable surfers! goodness those yellow caps really make the photo! they mean business!

Dianne said...

this is a great collection of photos
love the surfers

overtiredmum said...

wow - you have a busy week!

Love the mini surfers and the clouds over sydney are scary but good xo

Angie said...

When I saw the date
I said "Hang on, Mate
where's the Sky in this?"
"A post I can miss!"
Then I scrolled on down
(didn't cause a frown).
The shots are all great,
good going, Mate.

Enjoyed them all, excellent idea.

Tash said...

That was a thrilling ride thru the meme-dom! Thanks for the fun, RR. Would be a Jubilant addition to 'J' for ABC Wednesday.

Ricepatty said...

What a brilliant selection of photos and rhymes what a fun meme ride!

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

Great p0st,all in 0ne meme's!kud0s to y0u!

"Lillagul" said...

Hi !
Lovely pictures and rimes :)
Have a nice weekend !

Al said...

What a fun post, covering so many of the memes at one time. I enjoyed this one.

Kcalpesh said...

Nice, engaging and entertaining post!

Pixellicious Photos