Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Go To Spell!



GO TO SPELL!


The Spellcheck is American! Of all the bloomin' cheek!
It treats my English spelling as something of a freak!
Remember! We once colonised a large part of the earth!
Yet now the Yanks are sneering at the language of my birth!
Yes, just because my Google Blog originates 'over there'
It's treating me as second-class and it simply isn't fair!
They're taking-over cyberspace and it just won't do at all!
That beastly crinkly thin red line is driving me up the wall!
It doesn't like my charming 's'  in words like 'customise',
I find it's constant nagging is making my hackles rize!

(They need cutting down to sise!)


5 comments:

Jinksy said...

How true! Spell checkers are a nightmare, never mind my own spelling!

Darlene said...

Spell check even says Obama is misspelled. I am a Yank and it doesn't like my short cuts ' such as "does not."

To satisfy spell check
I would have to scratch my neck
and make one word into two
because 'won't' simply will not do.

Mari Meehan said...

Funny, they find fault with my spelling too! Maybe it's because I can't!

Reader Wil said...

I learnt British English and I stick to that! Difficult enough as it is. I check my spelling with the help of dictionaries. Fortunately Australia has the B.E version. Still I see awkward spellings in ads, like Haredresser, womens and mens clothes and often its and it's are mixed up.

Arija said...

Her, hear! My computer is set to the Queen's English.