Thursday, December 20, 2012

To a Birdbath


I have de-activated my Comments as I was becoming inundated with Spam.I am hoping that they may go away if I use this method of ignoring them! Should you wish to comment my email address is brebry@gmail.com


WRITTEN FOR DVERSE


TO A BIRDBATH



As I wing my way across the skies


And see the ground all parched below


A glorious sight assails my eyes,


And eagerly I swoop down low.


Oh birdbath! What a boon thou art


To feathered creatures such as I!

No wonder that we quickly dart

To slake our thirsts before we fly!

Feathers cleansed and hearts uplifted,

With watery pleasures we are gifted.
*
-------------------------------------------------


A HOPPY XMAS!

It's too hot for a thick red suit

And a bright red fur-trimmed hat


But when it's time for Christmas gifts


Who cares about that?


The children in Australia


Don't care about the weather.


Christmas means a lot of fun


With the family all together.


But if you come to our country

Don't expect a kangaroo

To carry Santa in the night

When he gives your gifts to you!
*
---------------------------------------------

No comments: