Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Tipsy Christmas


Bugaboo

WRITTEN FOR MELLOW YELLOW MONDAY

A TIPSY CHRISTMAS 


It seems that The Season is heading to be

As it was before Christianity.

In days gone by  it was lewd and wild,

Not ruled over by the Heavenly  Child.

In the midst of the winter weather

Villagers would get together,

Sing and dance and get quite drunk.......

Long before the time of nun and monk.

Carousing, like the lady above,

Was what the people were thinking of.

Religion made things much more staid

And memories began to fade

Of earlier times and earlier people,

Who never knew alter, prayer or steeple.

Nowadays, though many adhere

To the Christian Faith  that they hold dear,

Let those who're sceptical raise a cheer

For the past, and raise a glass of beer.
*
--------------------------------------------------

WRITTEN FOR  SATURDAY CENTUS

MY HAT!


If I were an egg I would need a cosy,

Maybe one that was furred and rosy.

I'd put it on my egg-shaped form

To keep my  delicate contents warm.

But I'm not an egg! I'm a noble beast

And I don't like it in the least.

A squirrel is wild and brave and free!

Not a bauble on a Christmas Tree.
*
-------------------------------------------


5 comments:

21 Wits said...

Ah, what a wonderful memory your word cozy brings for me! My mother had a few that kept either her coffee or tea pots warm! What a delight read in both parts- you've made my weary day-brighter!!!!! It seems too many grinches are running about- I say slow down people, stop and enjoy this ride- it'll all get done- don't worry!

Cassandra said...

Such a great post.. Thank's for sharing!

Visiting from MYM- hope you can stop by..

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/12/270-classic-cartoons-to-watch.html

Kris said...

Very cleverly written...excellent work !!! ;)

Susan Anderson said...

Great stuff.

Not a bauble on a Christmas tree.

heehee

=)

Jenny said...

Clever, clever!

I remember tea cozies.

And it's been too long since I've been by to read your delightful word crafting!

Thanks for the smile!

Hope your 2012 is ending up all kinds of Merry and Bright!