Sunday, December 9, 2012

Embarrassment



WRITTEN FOR PINK SATURDAY

EMBARRASSMENT

Goodness! That's Maudie Mason!

Her dress looks just like mine!

When I dressed to go to the party

I thought I looked very fine!

I bought this pink number last Tuesday

The only one in the store!

Pink is my favourite color.......

Well, not any more.

The assistant said I looked lovely;

The shade really suited my skin........

Oh no! There's Rita Rainbow!

Just look what she's in!

The Tavener Twins and Pam Smith!

I thought Pam was my friend.

Everyone wearing MY dress!

Where is it going to end?

I wish I'd chosen yellow,

Or even that classy red.

I think I'll just swim backwards

And sleep it off in bed
*
------------------------------------------



WRITTEN FOR WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

CONVERSATION?

Is this a conversation between us and those 'out there'?

Are we witnessing the link that we have sought?

As flash meets flash in agreement somewhere in the evening air

Is something being learned and something taught?


The scientists are searching for the answer to it all;

Are we alone or are we duplicated?

A passing sunset and a bedroom lamp

May be stating all that's needing to be stated.

*


1 comment:

Madeleine Begun Kane said...

The first one was very funny and the second one, insightful.