Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Little Schoolboys.



Blake 2004



Harry 2010


MY LITTLE SCHOOLBOYS!


Too fast! Too fast!
The years go past
With ever-gathering speed.
Slow down! Slow down!
I sigh and frown;
More time is what I need!
Please stay! Please stay!
The other day
They were little Babes in Arms!
But my heart warms
To see uniforms!
Every age has its charms.
*
Note: the brims of school hats seem to have expanded over the years! Schools protect the children from the burning sun with the rule 'No hat; no play'
*

Max, 'the other one' features here:


3 comments:

Jo said...

Brenda, aren't your little lads just too precious? Interesting, when you mentioned the large - brimmed hats, I remembered when I grew up in Southern Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) in the late '50's, we had to wear hats outdoors else parents could be fined. (Thinking back, now I wonder if there was an official skulking around our village spying over the hedge to see if the kids wore hats? Ha! I was homeschooled) Good on the Australian shool laws of "no hat, no play."

subby said...

"No hat, no play" is a new one to me, Brenda. Smart tho' considering the locale...

MARGARET GOSDEN 2 said...

What charming looking grandsons you have! Do you remember the school caps of yesteryear in the UK, perhaps more to protect from the cold weather and becoming, in part, a uniform, too.