Monday, October 27, 2008

177. God Wot?



Shortest poem ever and only half of it mine!

Our 'garden' is of the postage-stamp variety and neither of us have green fingers. However, we love this little area and I always think of it as my bower! (That's when I'm in Fairy Queen mode!) The previous owners had two enormous palm trees growing in the two beds; goodness knows why! We had them removed but the roots still clog the soil. Hence the pots.
By the way, imagine the scent of the jasmine (?), which will fade in a few days. Then Malcolm will trim the hedge and we'll be neat again....... for a while.


GOD WOT?


'A Garden is a Lovesome thing God wot!'
T.E. Brown (Poet)
'Even if this one's rather 'gone to pot'.
B.A. Bryant (Rinkly)

9 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

Some times very few words says it all! Lol.

Mari Meehan said...

Some times very few words say it all! Lol.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Brenda. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. Good, another Aussie!

Heehee...love the poem...very apt.

Gattina said...

I don't know if this is your main blog but I love your garden ! Especially now because here all trees are stripteasing and rather naked now !
Thanks for your comment, in Belgium we didn't celebrate Halloween either it just came up a few years ago ! But it's a lot of fun for the children !

linda may said...

That is very pretty. I think there are several families of Andersons in Junee. I didn't know them personally. Lots of my plants ar in pots too because they came with me from Junee but i don't want to put them in the ground and leave them behind if we move again.

Gigi Ann said...

Oh! Brenda,

That looks like a very cozy corner just to set, read or maybe take a little snoozzzzzer. And it must smell delightfully jasminey, while you have a cup of tea! My imagination is running away from me, so will say, have a nice day in your little corner of the world.

Thanks for visiting my little corner of the world today.

Patty said...

May be postage stamp size, but it looks very relaxing and private.

Bear Naked said...

Brenda
Your little "potted" garden looks like a lovely spot for reading a good book.

Bear((( )))

Kat said...

mmm That one liner certainly wasn't a pot-shot..!!

I love Jasmine flowers, it's very popular here.